FELLOWSHIPS FOR CURATORS AND ARTISTS AT SALZBURG SUMMER ACADEMY 2023
ERSTE Foundation offers 14 fellowships for young artists and emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, the Slovak Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, and Ukraine to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2023.
Deadline for applications: 10 April 2023
ERSTE Foundation offers fourteen fellowships for young artists and emerging curators from Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, and Ukraine to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2023. We would like to express our solidarity with Ukraine and the people who have to endure or flee from the ongoing war there. Therefore we open this program to Ukrainian artists as well and dedicate two fellowships to them.
Every summer some 300 students from more than 50 countries participate in over 20 classes at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. Well-known artists, curators and critics from all over the world offer courses focusing on topical questions of art production, as well as curatorial practice and writing about art.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Salzburg Summer Academy between 18 July–26 August 2023.
More information about the courses for curators and artists
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIPS
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
- are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
- address candidates from Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, and Ukraine
- cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
Applications have to include the following documents:
- Complete digital application form, including the following information: Your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website)
- Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
- Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
- Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
DEADLINES, IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applicants who have already received this scholarship in recent years or have previously participated in Artist-in-Residence programme at Q21/ MQ - MuseumsQuartier in Vienna (Q21 AiR) supported by ERSTE Foundation will not be given priority.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until 10 April 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions please contact Larissa Agel / tranzit.at:
This fellowship program is realized together with ERSTE Foundation’s long-time cooperation partners from tranzit, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt Collection/WHW Akademija.