Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy 2019
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!
Congratulations to the selected candidates:
Ajda Ana Kocutar (SLO)
Cristina Vasilescu (RO)
Dana Tomečková (SK)
Judit Flóra Schuller (HU)
Kateřina Štroblová (CZ)
Mihai Șovăială (RO)
Nika Ham (SLO)
Peter Sit (SK)
Réka Vidra (HU)
ERSTE Foundation offers five fellowships for young artists and five fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2019.
Every summer some 300 students from more than 50 countries participate in over 20 classes at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. Well-known artists, curators and critics from all over the world offer courses focusing on topical questions of art production, as well as curatorial practice and writing about art.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Salzburg Summer Academy between 22 July - 31 August 2019.
More information about the courses for curators and artists
Together with its longtime project partners from tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro, tranzit.sk and Igor Zabel Association, ERSTE Foundation offers these scholarships and forms the jury to select the participants.
about the fellowships
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
Applications have to include the following documents:
- Complete digital application form, including your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website)
- Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
- Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
- Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please download the application here
deadlines, important information and contacts
The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applicants who have already received this scholarship in recent years or have previously participated in Artist-in-Residence programme at MuseumsQuartier Vienna supported by the ERSTE Foundation will not be given priority.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until 17 March 2019 to
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: firstname.lastname@example.org