OPEN CALL: ARTISTS-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAMME AT THE MUSEUMSQUARTIER, VIENNA
The Artist in Residence Programme at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna (MQ AiR) is part of ERSTE Foundation's and tranzit's long-termed endeavour to support contemporary art and to strengthen the situation of its creators in the region of Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The MQ AIR program is realized with tranzit, Igor Zabel Association (IZA) and Kontakt Collection. Kontakt will collaborate with the Zagreb based WHW Akademija.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Croatia working in the field of contemporary art to do research in their respective area. The research character of the residence should make it possible to take a break from the everyday strenuous production pressure and find time to concentrate on a specific interest. The participants are given the opportunity to live and work for the period of two months in one of the MuseumsQuartier studios right in the heart of Vienna. The apartments offer both living and working space, but do not provide room for large-scale artistic works. During the stay various meeting possibilities are offered to the participants. Each residence grants a monthly stipend of EUR 1050,-.
The participants from Croatia will be selected through a closed call in collaboration with WHW Akademija/Zagreb.
Artists, curators or theoreticians from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia, are invited to take part in the open call.
Applications have to include the following two documents:
1.) Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect and what you would like to focus on during the residence (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2.) Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please use the application form, to be downloaded from the website: www.tranzit.org
• Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during the following fixed periods:
Slovak Republic: January – February 2020
Slovenia: March – April 2020
Romania: May – June 2020
Croatia WHW Akademija: July – August 2020
Hungary: September – October 2020
Czech Republic: November – December 2020
• Only one participant can be selected from each country.
• Applicants who have already received this residence in recent years or have previously participated in our Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy cannot be given priority.
• The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 22 September 2019!
Please send your application with subject "MQ AiR 2020" to: email@example.com
Selected participants will be notified latest until end of October 2019.
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger / tranzit.at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for all details.